Administration and Finance Committee
The Administration and Finance Committee (AFC) assists the Governing Board in administrative and financial matters related to ITER, the Broader Approach and preparations for demonstration fusion reactors (DEMO). In particular it:
- prepares opinions and recommendations to the Governing Board on:
- Financial Planning and Budget proposals;
- Work Programme (financial aspects);
- Project Plan (financial aspects);
- Resources estimate plan and related matters;
- Staff establishment plan and related matters.
- provides advice or recommendations on specific administrative and financial issues upon request of the Director or the Governing Board;
- performs any other functions as may be requested by the Governing Board.
The Chair of the Administration and Finance Committee is appointed by the Governing Board for a period of two years. The AFC Chair is also Vice-Chair of the Governing Board.
Mr. Cor Katerberg was elected by the Governing Board Chair for a term of two years effective 1 July 2011.
Mr. Eric Hollis was appointed as Vice-Chair on 28th March 2012 for a term ending 1st July 2013.
Mr. Cor Katerberg, Chair of the Administration and Finance Committee
Mr. Eric Hollis, Vice-Chair of the Administration and Finance Committee
The Administration and Finance Committee (AFC) is composed of 11 members (notwithstanding its Chair) appointed by the Governing Board. One member of the Committee is Euratom. The other ten appointed members represent twelve member States: France, Spain, Belgium, Germany, Finland, Slovenia, Portugal, Austria, the UK and Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland (jointly). The members of the AFC are appointed by the Governing Board for a period of two years.
The current list of members (January 2013)
The Fusion for Energy Administration and Finance Committee