Technical Advisory Panel
The Technical Advisory Panel (TAP) assists the Governing Board and Director in engineering, scientific and
technological matters related to ITER, the Broader Approach and preparations for
demonstration fusion reactors (DEMO), in particular by:
- preparing opinions and recommendations on the objectives and content of project
plans, work programmes and their possible revisions;
- monitoring the technical implementation of the project plans and work programmes
and providing reports to the Governing Board at appropriate intervals;
- promote coherence with the activities of the Associations, in particular within
the frame of the European Fusion Development Agreement (EFDA);
- providing advice or recommendations on specific engineering, scientific and
technological issues upon request of the Director or the Governing Board;
- performing any other functions as may be delegated to the Scientific Programme
Board by the Governing Board.
The Governing Board appointed Dr. Joaquín Sánchez as Chair of the Technical Advisory Panel on 1st July 2011. Dr. André Grosman was formally appointed as Vice-Chair on 28th March 2012 for a term ending 1st July 2013.
Dr. Joaquin Sanchez, Chair of the Technical
Dr. André Grosman, Vice-Chair of the Technical Advisory Panel
The TAP is composed of 13 members appointed by the Governing Board from among persons of recognised standing and professional experience in engineering, scientific and technical matters relevant to ITER, the Broader Approach and DEMO. Each member is appointed for a term of two years renewable.
- ASCASIBAR Enrique;
- BATISTONI Paola;
- CARDELLA Antonino;
- CRISANTI Flavio;
- FERNANDES Horacio;
- GROSMAN Andre;
- MAREK Rubel;
- MASSAUT Vincent;
- NEUBAUER Olaf;
- NOE Mathias;
- OOMENS Noud;
- SANCHEZ Joaquin (Chair);
- STORK Derek.
F4E Technical Advisory Panel